Backend research engineer and developer. Member IEEE.
Email: email@example.com, San Francisco, California, US
- Advanced: Python, Linux, Network Protocols, Signal Processing, Blockchain
- Intermediate: Java, Kubernetes, Freeswitch, Algorithms, SDN, NFV, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Beginner: C++, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- PhD. Information and Communications Technologies, Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain, 2018-2021 (July)
- M.S. Wireless Communications, Barcelona School of Telecommunications and Engineering, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain, 2017-2018
- MBA. Business Administration, Illinois State University, Normal, US, 2009-2012
- B.S. Electronic Systems Technology, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale, US, 2004-2007
Pompeu Fabra University
Doctoral Researcher, Barcelona, Spain, 2018-current
- Wrote network simulations and algorithms in the Python programming language using the NumPy and Pandas libraries for data visualisation.
- Published research at top ranked journals and conferences including MDPI Journal Sensors (SJR Q1) and IEEE GlobeCom.
- Led lecture and/or lab sections for the following undergraduate courses: Radio Communications, Networks, Blockchain Technologies.
Systems Engineer II - Global Office Expansion, San Francisco, US, 2014-2017
- Deployed automated infrastructre tests and testbed services using Amazon AWS.
- Service owner for global telephony architecture and IT infrastructure global office expansion.
- Migrated monolith VoIP infrastructure to a microservice design reducing voice carrier costs globally 72%.
- Enabled full remote site deployment in 41 countries while reducing site delivery time from 12 weeks to 2.
Network Engineer - Infrastructure Operations, San Francisco, US, 2012-2014
- Principle network deployment engineer; completed network deployment for facilities in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia.
- Global support for Cisco LAN, WAN, Wireless and VPN, Juniper firewall, and F5 Load Balancer systems.
Information Technology Analyst II, Peoria, US, 2007-2012
- Completed platform design of new satellite connected "field view" industrial camera product with pilot deployments in Canada, Czech Republic, and the United States.
- Deployed Cisco IP Phone and HD Telepresence video conference networks to facilities in Australia, China, Singapore, Thailand, and the United States.
Open Source Contributions
- gnome-shell, 2020
- English, native
- Spanish, intermediate